In an online community of peers and professors, you will begin studies across topics including introductions to biblical studies, growth and change in the Christian life, counseling models and process, and more. Courses consist of lectures and readings, regular small-group discussions, and assignments designed to grow you in life and ministry.
You will continue learning as you move into advanced topics that apply earlier classes and concepts to more complex issues in theology, ministry, and counseling. Deepen your relationships with your peer community and practice applying the principles of biblical counseling in your local ministry. You will also gain more practical experience in real-world ministry under the guidance of a mentor in your local area.
Dynamics of Biblical Change
Counseling Children & Adolescents
Introduction to Apologetics
Survey of Reformed Theology
History of Christianity I & II
Online Student Course Reviews
Biblical Counseling Training
We offer this degree in partnership with the Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation (CCEF), an organization with more than 50 years of biblical counseling and teaching experience. Our degree combines theology and biblical studies courses taught by Westminster faculty with Christian counseling courses taught by CCEF faculty. This program provides students with the opportunity to reflect on the relationship between theology, psychology & physiology while gaining a thorough understanding of people as sufferers, sinners & saints.
- Meet your faculty and classmates through video introductions.
- Connect with your small group for the first time online face-to-face.
- Hear from faculty as they interact with your course’s last small group assignments.
- Meet with your small group on your own schedule to process the upcoming week’s content and submit your next assignment.
- Submit your final projects, exams or papers.
- Complete course feedback to help us keep improving your student experience!
This degree is ideal for anyone interested in exploring a biblical approach to care and relationships. The ways students have used their online biblical counseling degrees is diverse, from professional to informal, but the common thread is that they are bringing practical, biblical wisdom into the lives of those they live and work with every day:
- Pastors and campus ministers caring for their congregations
- Nurses and doctors providing both urgent and long-term care
- High school/K-12 teachers and principals impacting the lives of students
- Church members looking to be more involved in small groups and church ministry
- Social workers supporting members of the community in vulnerable circumstances
- Counselors in the local church and other ministry settings
- Family members seeking to love their families through difficult seasons