- Bible Survey
- Principles of Biblical Interpretation
- Introduction to Apologetics
- History of Christianity I or II
- Theological Foundations
- Survey of Reformed Theology
- Old Testament Theology for Application
- New Testament Theology for Application
Customize your degree with a range of specialized studies. Available courses may include:
- Biblical Theology of Worship
- Christianity and Culture
- Theology and Secular Psychology
- Theology of Science
- Counseling in the Local Church
- More coming soon!
Online Student Course Reviews
Theological Training for Every Calling
This degree introduces students to theological studies and personal application with a unique curriculum that progresses through the history of God’s redemption in Scripture, from survey to doctrine to application. Students will gain a holistic understanding of Scripture, the person and work of Christ, the characteristics of God, and the development of doctrine throughout church history. The curriculum combines core theology courses with a variety of electives covering topics such as Christianity and culture and theology of science.
Along with this curriculum, the MA in Theological Studies provides integrated opportunities for practical application and experience, equipping students to grow in their ability to winsomely and effectively apply theological truths to their personal contexts. Whether you’re a lawyer, social worker, non-profit administrator, youth pastor or other church leader, this degree will provide deep theological grounding for your life and work.
- Meet your faculty and classmates through video introductions.
- Connect with your small group for the first time online face-to-face.
- Hear from faculty as they interact with your course’s last small group assignments.
- Meet with your small group on your own schedule to process the upcoming week’s content and submit your next assignment.
- Submit your final projects, exams or papers.
- Complete course feedback to help us keep improving your student experience!
Examples of typical applicants include:
- Christian businessmen and businesswomen wanting to grow their work and leadership in an understanding of Scripture and theology
- K-12 teachers and school administrators who are looking to be grounded in a solid, Christian worldview
- International leaders desiring to be better equipped to teach the Word
- Deacons and ruling elders who want in-depth preparation for ministry
- Pastors looking for continuing education
- Missionaries who are called to stay in the field while gaining further training